Administrative Assistant Position Description
Byte Back is an award-winning workforce development center serving unemployed and underemployed adults and youth. Located across the street from the Brookland Metro (Red Line), Byte Back has over a dozen satellite locations throughout the city. We are seeking a community-minded individual with excellent communication and customer service skills to join our team in the mission to improve economic opportunity by providing computer training and employment readiness skills to low-income residents of the Washington Metropolitan area.
- Staffing Byte Back’s reception and front desk.
- Answering Byte Back phone calls in a warm and friendly manner.
- Accepting student registrations and payments.
- Secretarial functions such as filing and data entry.
- Scanning and archiving documents.
- Operating business machines such as copier, fax and postage machines.
- Receiving deliveries from Fedex, UPS, Deer Park, etc.
- Greeting visitors and providing them with whatever service is needed,.
- Ensuring that the lobby area is neat and tidy and stocked with up to date materials at all times.
- Helping with management and oversight of administrative volunteers as needed.
- Helping with additional projects as needed, such as mailings, special events, etc.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional attire and ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner as a representative of the organization
- Prompt, reliable and courteous
- Team player, able to get along with all kind of people in a friendly, non-judgmental and professional manner
- Strong preference for applicant who is fully bilingual (English-Spanish)
- Preference for an applicant with bookkeeping and/or QuickBooks experience
Work Experience Requirements:
Candidate must have at least one year of experience working or volunteering in the nonprofit field as well as one year of performing administrative functions (not necessarily at the same place of work).
High school degree or equivalent, with familiarity and comfort with Microsoft Office and a willingness to learn new skills as needed.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range is $25,000-35,000 and is commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid vacation, sick leave and personal days, as well as up to $500 per month credit toward health, vision, dental and life insurance through our insurance provider.
Email resume and cover letter to Ms. Felicia Hawkins at email@example.com. No phone calls, please.