Computer Foundations 1 is the beginning of the Byte Back training pathway. In Foundations 1, you’ll gain confidence using a computer and be able to complete basic tasks in your personal and professional life.
In Computer Foundations 1, learn fundamental digital skills:
- Touch typing
- Using a mouse
- Setting up an email account, sending emails, and using attachments
- Searching the internet and finding resources online
- Understanding computer parts, memory, storage, files, and folders
- Participate in Get Ready: Career Skills 1 workshops – your first step to improving your career opportunities.
Think you might be ready for the next level up? Click here to learn about Computer Foundations 2.
Who should take this class?
- Ages 18+
- People who have little or no experience with computers
- Those eager to learn at a relaxed pace with a lot of practice
- Individuals interested in pursuing higher levels of training on the Byte Back Pathway
- Spanish speakers – a limited number of classes are available in Spanish – click here for information
Duration: 24 hours
Class Length: 2-hour classes, 3 days per week
Cost: Free for students*
*The price list for Byte Back classes can be found here. Students attend Byte Back classes for free thanks to generous funding from local governments, foundations, corporations, and individuals.
Ready to Get Started on the Byte Back Pathway?
Fill out the interest form below and look out for emails from Byte Back about upcoming opportunities to register for classes. You can also click here to see if we are currently registering for Computer Foundations 1 courses.
NOTE: Filling out this interest form does NOT mean you are registered for a class – when we have course openings, we will contact you with information about how to register.