Computer Foundations 2 is a great place to start on the Byte Back training pathway. This course is right for you if you already have some computer skills but want to gain confidence and skills. You will graduate from Foundations 2 with a deep knowledge of common Office software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
In Computer Foundations 2, you will learn these fundamentals:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word document editing and shortcuts
- Using a computer confidently for professional tasks
- Participate in Get Ready: Career Skills 1 to get the professional skills to help you apply for jobs and succeed in your career
Who should take this class?
- Ages 18+
- You must have a working email. Please Note: You will be asked to sign into your email as part of the assessment.
- You must be able to pass a basic computer skills assessment, career assignment, and interview.
- You should be eager to move up after this course into Byte Back’s Professional Tracks and a career that uses technology, such as an administrative professional or IT specialist.
Students who pass Computer Foundations 2 are recognized at a Byte Back graduation ceremony and receive a certificate. Click here to see footage from a recent graduation!
Prerequisite: Pass Computer Foundations 1, pass assessments
Duration: 54 hours
Class Length: 3-hour classes, 3 days per week
Cost: Free for students*
*The price list for Byte Back classes can be found here. Students attend Byte Back classes for free thanks to generous funding from local governments, foundations, corporations, and individuals.
Is Computer Foundations 2 the right place for you to start?
Fill out the interest form below and look for emails from Byte Back about upcoming information and registration sessions. You can also check the current registration schedule to see if there are any sessions scheduled now.
Want to explore our other courses?