You can also monitor our updates through social media. If anything changes, we will send email and text message announcements to current students. It is our priority to keep students and staff safe.
More Content & Resources:
- Resources for Students during Coronavirus
- Read about Byte Back Students: “Precious & Her Class Are Going Strong with Virtual Learning during Coronavirus”
- Are you still working and want to make a difference for the growing populations of unemployed adults in DC and Baltimore? Consider a donation to Byte Back’s Virtual Training Fund to keep tech within reach.
Update April 20, 2020
Byte Back offices in Washington, DC and Baltimore will remain closed, with staff working remotely, through at least Friday, May 29, 2020. Students will continue to learn through virtual instruction. Prospective students and current students should pay attention to emails, texts, and phone calls for specific updates regarding your class. We will continue to post organizational updates here and to prioritize the health of students, staff, and others in the Byte Back community.
Thank you and be safe,
The Byte Back Team
Update March 20, 2020, 4:30 p.m.
Byte Back offices in Washington, DC and Baltimore will remain closed, with staff working remotely, through at least Friday, April 24, 2020. Students in the Professional Track programs will continue to learn through online instruction, which was launched on March 18, 2020. Students should pay attention to emails, texts, and phone calls for specific updates regarding your class. We will continue to post organizational updates here.
Thank you and be safe,
The Byte Back Team
Update March 12, 2020, 5:40 p.m.
Please read the following update from Byte Back CEO Elizabeth Lindsey:
The Byte Back staff and I have been monitoring CDC information and Washington, DC and Baltimore city announcements about coronavirus COVID-19.
First, I want to say that I know that this has been an extremely challenging and increasingly stressful week for everyone. The level of uncertainty, fear, and news that we’re encountering every day is unprecedented.
Thank you all so much for continuing to learn here, work, and support the organization. Second, here at Byte Back we’ve spent countless hours over the past week or so figuring out a plan to ensure that we are keeping our staff, instructors, volunteers, and students safe, and also hoping to maintain as much of our vital training as we can for our participants.
As of Monday, March 16, the Byte Back office will be closed through at least March 31. We will regularly update everyone about when we might re-open.
- All staff are expected to telework, which means our staff will still be responsive to students, partners, funders, and others in our community.
- Classes that were scheduled to start on Monday, March 16 will be postponed – start date to be determined.
- All Computer Foundations classes will be postponed – (re)start date to be determined. We made this decision because we see in-person learning as essential to your course.
- Professional Track level classes that are currently in session will be taught virtually starting on Wednesday, March 18. These classes will not meet on Monday or Tuesday to give us time to prepare instructors and software. We’re providing laptops and wifi SIM cards for students so they can continue learning virtually during this time.
- The remaining Info Sessions scheduled in March for prospective students are postponed – future dates to be determined.
- STUDENTS – please stay tuned for additional information and steps from us.
In addition, please continue to follow these precautions:
- Anyone experiencing relevant symptoms (persistent cough, shortness of breath, fever) should stay home, even if not tested.
- Anyone who has been in China, Italy, Iran, South Korea, or Seattle within last 14 days should stay home.
- Anyone from a high-risk group (elderly or those with chronic illnesses affecting respiration or cardiovascular function) should strongly consider staying home.
- Anyone who has had direct contact (within 6 feet) with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 should stay home.
THANK YOU for your understanding and please continue to stay tuned to email and monitor our website for updates. Please stay safe and continue to support each other during this time.
Elizabeth & the Byte Back Team