About Byte Back’s Board of Directors
The Board of Directors supports the work of Byte Back and provides mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by Byte Back’s Executive Director (ED), the Board-ED relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
Specific Board member responsibilities include:
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the ED as she develops and implements Byte Back’s strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by Byte Back for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics
- Assisting the ED and Board chair in identifying and recruiting other board members
- Serving on committees and taking on special assignments
- Representing Byte Back to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
Every Board member is expected to make a financial contribution to Byte Back at a level that is meaningful to them (minimum $250). In addition, we expect each Board member to contribute connections, in-kind donations, or other services which the organization values at or above $1,750. Examples of these types of contributions include introductions to potential funders or donors, donations of equipment or services to the organization, or introductions to key stakeholders, such as potential employers of Byte Back students or relevant government officials.
Byte Back’s Board members will serve a two-year term and be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Board meetings are held quarterly and committee meetings are held in coordination with full Board meetings.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A commitment to and understanding of Byte Back’s beneficiaries
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Byte Back’s beneficiaries
Service on Byte Back’s Board of Directors is without compensation.