As of August 2, 2017, we are at our NEW LOCATION …
899 North Capitol Street NE, Suite 850
Byte Back is moving to a new state-of-the-art facility
The new 6,226 sq. ft. facility will help Byte Back provide top-notch free digital education opportunities free to DC-area residents. The location is at the center of the communities served, just two blocks from Union Station. In addition to housing the organization’s staff, the facility will include four computer classrooms, including one for IT certification testing, and Byte Back’s first-ever video production studio and virtual classroom.
Information for students
Monday – Friday – 7 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Front doors unlocked from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Front doors locked at 6 p.m. (to access use front door phone)
Saturday – 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Doors locked – to access use front door phone (can only access if scheduled with front desk by 5 p.m. on Friday)
Sunday – Closed
Byte Back Hours:
Monday – Thursday – 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. when classes in session
- Front doors locked at 8 p.m. (you can leave, cannot re-enter)
- Byte Back opens at 9 a.m.
Friday – 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Doors locked at 5 p.m. (you can leave, cannot re-enter)
- Byte Back opens at 9 a.m.
Saturday – Closed
Sunday – Closed
Access 8th Floor:
- Must have a valid ID
- Must stop at the front security desk and advise you are a student / guest
- Security will give access to select 8th floor on the elevator (if you cannot select the 8th floor, see security guard)
- Upon leaving Byte Back, you can only go down to lobby or (2) garage levels (L1 or L2)
- Computers in classrooms are only for active students currently enrolled in a class
- No smoking anywhere in the building
- Any smoking outside must be done 25 feet from the building
- Byte Back does not control building or office space temperature
- Due to number of computers and individuals in the space it will be rather cool during warmer months and colder months
- It would be a good idea to bring a light sweater or hoodie for those more sensitive to colder environments.
- Byte Back will have a community kitchen area with a table for students and staff to eat on
- There will be a community refrigerator to store your food during the day
- Students will have access to a microwave and a sink in order to heat and/or prepare food
- Students are responsible for washing any dishes they bring to the office space
- There is no eating or drinking in the classrooms for any reason
Help Us Upgrade Today
Many of our students have spent years in low-tech classrooms, and we believe they deserve more.
Byte Back is moving next month to provide our students with a space that helps them better prepare for their future careers. Help us upgrade now – Byte Back students will thank you.
Corporate Partners Help Build Byte Back’s Future
With an investment of time and funds, we can work together to build a well-prepared and diverse tech workforce for the DC region. Your investments will make our new training facility best-in-class for tech training and align your brand with the leading nonprofit workforce development organization in the DC region.
Customized Options for Partnership
We are seeking contributions from firms who want to work with Byte Back to build a presence at our new facility. You can lend your support through a Sustaining Partnership or Corporate Sponsorship.
Sustaining Partnerships: For an investment of $50,000 per year for at least two years, your company will have naming rights to a classroom for the length of your investment, volunteer opportunities for your employees, access to our pool of qualified internship and employee candidates, and great visibility across the DC metro region. With a leadership gift you will provide Byte Back students with the best kind of support – sustainable funding for our organization. Other Sustaining Partnership levels are available at $25,000 and $10,000 per year for two years. Sustaining Partnership benefits are commensurate with the donation commitment.
Corporate Sponsorship: Support top-notch equipment in Byte Back’s new facility. Your dollars can be put towards the purchase of new equipment and software such as:
- Desktops computers
- Multi-functional, high-quality laser copier
- Office Suite software licenses