This is Your Community.
Stay Connected through the Alumni Network.
After you graduate, stay connected. Show how much free tech training means to you and pay it forward to new students. You’ll benefit from career services, networking opportunities, and rewards.
Do I Qualify as “Alumni”?
You’re an Alumni Network member if you have completed at least one Byte Back course AND are pursuing further education opportunities outside of Byte Back, employment, or other opportunities. As Byte Back alumni, you will:
- Attend 2 or more Byte Back events or DC tech events with us
- Update your contact information and employment status regularly
- Respond to surveys to help improve our services
Give Back & Pay It Forward!
Alumni have a unique opportunity to give back to current students. Here are more ways to get involved:
Star Alumni (volunteer about 2-5 hours)
- Share your story: Do an interview with us for our blog and social media
- Refer a friend to sign up for a Byte Back course
- Volunteer as an event helper
- Write thank you letters or make thank you calls to donors
- Share a job opening with the Alumni Network
Double Star Alumni (volunteer about 5-10 hours)
- Share your success story:
- with a live audience at a Byte Back event
- in a video like this one, produced by Byte Back, or
- with a journalist for a blog, newspaper, or TV news
- Be an Alumni Network leader and keep others engaged
- Join a focus group to give feedback and help us improve programs
- Be an Outreach Assistant – attend events, hand out flyers, call potential students
Superstar Alumni (volunteer 10+ hours)
- Participate in an Alumni Network speaker series
- Organize an Alumni event
- Volunteer as a Success Coach, tutor, mentor, or teaching assistant
- Host a current student for an informational interview or job shadowing day at your job
- Serve on the Next Gen Council, Board of Directors, or as Alumni Network president
Benefits of the Byte Back Alumni Network
Every Alumni Gets:
- Alumni Newsletter and tips
- Exclusive job leads from Byte Back’s corporate partners
- Invitations to Job Labs and Tech Tours
Give more and get more. Possible benefits include:
Star Double Star Superstar