Current Byte Back students and alumni, please join us in advocating for funding and policies that benefit you, like free tech education!
- Have your voice heard
- Make your community better
- Practice your public speaking, writing, and organizing skills
- Advocate for continuing and new opportunities (like Byte Back’s free training) for more adults
- Possible opportunity to organize more activities with Byte Back through an internship or other resume-building opportunity
Opportunities to Participate
- Read your testimony for 3 minutes in front of DC Councilmembers at performance and budget hearings. Byte Back staff will help you write your testimony, prepare, and attend. Potential opportunities are:
- March 25 – DC Public Library budget hearing
- March 30 – Department of Employment Services budget hearing
- March 31 – Department of Human Services budget hearing
- April 9 – Office of the Chief Technology Officer budget hearing
- April 2 – Attend an Advocacy Day at DC Council and speak directly with Councilmembers
- April 8 – Attend a Capitol Hill Day to advocate for adult education nationwide
Who Should Participate?
- YOU! Current student or alumni who is ready to share your thoughts in support of yourself, your community, and organizations you benefit from and believe in, including Byte Back