Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Byte Back! As a community-based organization, our volunteers do important work to advance our mission and serve the DC community.
Volunteers are an integral part of Byte Back’s work, bringing skills and dedication that add to our capacity to serve. Most of our instructors are volunteers. Some are AmeriCorps volunteers, some are experienced office workers, some are IT professionals, and some are Byte Back graduates who want to give back.
We’re looking for enthusiastic and creative individuals to support our work. Whether you can volunteer for just a couple hours or full time, you will be a highly valued member of our team and feel the rewards of giving back.
We’re currently recruiting volunteers for the following positions:
- Instructors & Assistant Instructors – for PC for Beginners or Office Track classes, day or evening hours, with a commitment of two days per week, two hours per day for a minimum of six weeks
- Tutors – usually twice per month on Friday afternoons
- Mentors – must be in the IT field and able to meet with a student in person a minimum of two to four hours per month for four months; click for more information
- Ambassador – recruit potential volunteers and donors
- Resume Helper – assist students in writing and tailoring resumes and cover letters during scheduled drop-in sessions or workshops
- Workshop Presenters – flexible schedule (day or evening)