Thank you for your interest in joining Byte Back’s team!
Interested in becoming a volunteer? Click here to check out all the different opportunities to get involved and fill out an interest form.
Byte Back is now hiring for the following positions:
Advanced IT Instructor – Washington, DC
The adjunct Advanced IT Instructor will join the Washington, DC team of Byte Back – a dynamic nonprofit providing innovative training that has earned national attention and support. Byte Back is one of the only organizations in the country providing a pathway of training for adults at all levels, from foundation computer classes to industry-recognized tech certification courses.
The adjunct Advanced IT Instructor will be responsible for instructing IT Fundamentals (ITF+) and CompTIA A+ courses. The two courses will last approximately six months (two months for ITF+ and four for A+) and will include labs and hands-on activities. By the end of this course, students are expected to pass the ITF+ certification exam and the A+ Core 1 and Core 2 exams. The Instructor will work collaboratively within the Education department and report directly to the Education Manager.
About Byte Back
Byte Back provides a pathway of inclusive tech training that leads to living-wage careers. The Washington, DC-based nonprofit serves more than 500 adults per year, who are predominantly people of color, women, and unemployed or underemployed adults. They have an incredible, untapped potential to enter living-wage careers and change the tech sector. Byte Back’s innovative approach was recognized with two WeWork Creator Awards. In 2019, Byte Back is expanding to Baltimore and exploring national expansion, thanks to a $775,000 TD Ready Challenge award.
- Provide hands-on, practical training to create an engaging learning environment for underserved adults
- Nurture and guide students inside and outside of the classroom, encouraging them to practice on their own and earn their certifications
- Maintain high retention, completion, and certification rates among each cohort of students
- Think critically while instructing, looking for innovative ways to present the material more effectively for Byte Back students
- Track student progress, attendance, and needs in Salesforce
- Administer assessments and record scores
- Administer end-of-class survey and pre-/post-tests in accordance with the curriculum
- Devise and plan lab assignments in collaboration with the lab assistant to support syllabus.
- Provide referrals to students in need of additional training or tutoring to Byte Back’s tutoring program
- Assist in the design, development, and implementation of additional computer training curricula and Computer Foundations courses based on the instructor’s expertise and goals
- Utilize teaching strategies that help adult learners actively engage in the learning process
- CompTIA A+ certification
- Firm understanding and ability to teach IT and networking fundamentals
- 2-3 years of experience in the subject area
- Ability to manage a classroom of adult learners
- Intermediate experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- AA or BA in Information Technology
- 2-3 years of experience teaching or tutoring
- Experience teaching adults
- Experience with virtual forums (e.g. Zoom, Skype, Google Chat)
- Experience using CRMs (Salesforce)
- CompTIA Network+ and/or Security+ certification
Adjunct (Temporary), 20 hours per week, Monday-Friday for 6 months
Application Process: Click here to apply. Include your resume and cover letter as attachments.
Byte Back does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion(creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Byte Back is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.