PC for Beginners
Who should take this class?
- Washington, DC residents
- Ages 18 to 108
- Those who have little or no experience with computers
- Spanish speakers
- People with disabilities
- Literacy learners
- Those eager to learn at a relaxed pace with a lot of practice
This course is an introduction to the computer made for beginning students. Students will:
- Be able to name basic computer parts and functions
- Practice typing and using a mouse correctly
- Learn how to use email
- Search the internet
- Create and manage files and folders
- Understand memory and storage basics
Prerequisite: There are no prerequisites for this class.
Duration: 24 hours (6 weeks)
Class Length: 2-hour classes, 2 days per week (Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday)
Cost: Free to DC residents with a qualifying low-income ($480 value*)
To Register: Registration week is held six times per year at Byte Back headquarters. Dates will be posted on our website and events calendar. For more information on how to register or to receive notice of registration periods, click here or call (202) 529-3395.
*Class values are based on estimated costs at for-profit educational institutions.
Watch what students say about classes at Byte Back: