Byte Back provides a pathway of inclusive tech training that leads to living-wage careers.
Why Byte Back Baltimore?
In 2019, we’re expanding to serve Baltimore residents. They deserve the economic opportunities that tech careers offer, and training can help get them there.
- The poverty rate in Baltimore is 22%, more than double Maryland’s rate of 10%.
- Baltimore tech companies are looking for workers to hire for living-wage positions. 136,000 new tech jobs were added in the Baltimore area in 2017-18.
- Other training programs can be expensive, limited to youth, or inaccessible for low-skilled learners.
Baltimore needs Byte Back!
What Can Baltimore Residents Achieve with Tech Training?
Byte Back has been a trusted provider of tech training since 1997. Our pathway of free, inclusive classes allows adult learners of any age to …
- Start building digital skills from a beginner’s level up
- Earn industry recognized Microsoft and CompTIA IT certifications
- Get hired into living-wage careers
Graduates are hired as IT Technicians, Administrative Assistants, Helpdesk Technicians, and more.
Byte Back graduates who were hired in 2018 started earning $27,599 more per year than before training.
Join Us in Bringing Opportunities to Baltimore
Do you believe that Baltimore residents deserve inclusive tech career opportunities? We do too! Interested in bringing these opportunities to Baltimore?
As we launch our program in summer 2019, we’re looking for volunteers, community partners, instructors, corporate hiring partners, and donors. Together, we can put tech within reach in the Baltimore community!